This recipe is a spinoff of the original found here.
I recommend doubling the amount found on Annie’s post on Maebells if you’re cooking for more than one person because these are great as leftovers! Also, this doesn’t take the full 8 hours if you don’t want it to. Below are the doubled amounts cooked in half of the time.
Serves: 8 or 4 people plus leftovers!
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 packets dry Ranch dressing seasoning
1 cup salsa verde
1 lime, juiced
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1. Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray, set to high.
2. Place chicken breast in slow cooker add the remaining ingredients (no particular order but I put the spices directly on top of the chicken and then the salsa verde on top).
3. Cook on high for 3 hours.
4. Shred chicken, drizzle the juices from the slow cooker back onto the shredded chicken, and serve into taco shells or on tortilla chips.
5. Garnish with your favorite fixings and enjoy!!